ARTIST CRAFTSMEN OF NEW YORK
Artist-Craftsmen of New York, Inc. is a non-profit organization of skilled artists and craftpersons. Formed in 1958 by devotees of fine crafts for the purpose of promoting new creative work of high quality in diverse disciplines, our first membership was comprised of members of two long-established societies: The New York Society of Ceramic Arts and The New York Society of Craftsmen.
Today the organization includes award-winning artists who specialize in beadwork, ceramics, collage, enamel, glass, jewelry, metal, photography, sculpture, fiber, wood and mixed media. ACNY continues to hold exhibitions throughout the New York area to further its primary goal of encouraging the production of excellent creative work and bringing that work before the public.
Prospective members' work is carefully screened before acceptance into ACNY is granted, as we are committed to maintaining the highest standard of excellence.
The aims and activities of Artist-Craftsmen are to:
- Stimulate the use of crafts in architecture and interior design
- Bring before the public, by exhibition, new creative work of high standard
- Conduct meetings, arrange lectures, demonstrations, slide shows and other presentations
- Give awards for best work in each category
- Encourage sales and commissions for members
FOR MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION AND APPLICATION FORM EMAIL:
Karen Strauss - email@example.com
You will be informed of the next Jury date.
Shula Mustacchi welcoming guests to the 2009 Broome Street Gallery reception.